After breakout attendance last year, The Women in Law Enforcement Summit will yet again deliver strategies to empower female officers, supervisors, and those who aim to increase diversity and inclusion in law enforcement. Join forward-thinking leaders from across the country December 14-16 in Coronado, Calif. for the event.
Furthering the mission to recruit, empower, and support women in police, The Women in Law Enforcement Summit provides three days of unparalleled conversation and valuable strategy around the growth, recruitment, mental and physical wellness, work/life balance, and retainment of women in law enforcement. Here are five reasons to save your seat at this year’s summit:
1. Targeted preconference workshop
The first day of the conference will offer a two-part preconference workshop:
Part one will focus on defensive tactics for female professionals. Participants will review video of real-life incidents involving female officers to understand the best approaches for a successful outcome, assess the physical aspects of use of force and how to best prepare for alterations, learn how to implement a continued education program within your department to ensure all officers use best practices, and discuss the psychological impact post use of force, and how to manage the emotions associated with an incident.
Part two of the workshop will highlight best practices to prepare for promotion. Participants will discuss the process of applying for promotion and how to prepare for each step including practicing, seeking guidance, and mentorship; how to stay relevant within your department by attending all meetings, volunteering, and being seen by organizational leaders; and how to overcome setbacks and use experience to better prepare for the next opportunity.
Click here to register for the preconference workshop.
2. Food and beverage included in registration
In addition to high-quality content and speaking faculty, attendees will enjoy top-notch food and beverage throughout their conference experience. Registration for the conference includes all meals listed on the agenda, including breakfast, lunch, and hors d'oeuvres and cocktails during networking receptions.
3. Key content themes
Throughout the three-day summit, the presented content will relate to three key themes:
Leadership and advancement strategies to mentor, empower, and enable female professionals to achieve their professional goals.
Wellness and family case studies on the impact that work/life balance has on productivity, recruitment, retention, and leadership.
Hire, train, and retain tactics for recruitment, training, and education that ensures longevity in the profession.
4. Inspirational sessions with established leaders
Sessions on this year’s agenda address hot button issues critical to moving the needle forward for women in police. Session topics include but are not limited to:
- Young officers in an evolving profession
- Progress and benefits of the 30 x 30 initiative
- Best practices for female supervisors leading male professionals
- Preparing to return to work post maternity
- Family wellness through positive communication
- Work/life balance
- Mental health and wellness
- Preparing academy recruits for field training to improve retention
- Recruitment strategies for a new generation of female candidates
- Tactics to retain valuable female professionals
5. Networking cocktail reception and interactive roundtables
On Thursday evening, the first day of the main program, attendees will enjoy drinks and hors d’oeuvres throughout a networking cocktail reception, which will also include interactive roundtable discussions on pressing topics in the industry.
The eight roundtables will focus on:
- Collaboration with universities to reach new female recruits
- A civilian’s perspective of the role within the organization
- Creating a department brand that will give you a competitive advantage
- Military experience through recruitment to law enforcement
- Achieving buy-in from leadership
- Leaving work at work and switching off
- Helping professionals overcome alcoholism
- Financial literacy and preparation
The Women in Law Enforcement Summit will take place December 14-16 at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort in Coronado, Calif. For more information, including the full agenda, list of speakers, and registration information, click here.