ANTIPICATED 11.5 CPE CREDITS
Foundation Research Associates is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
ANTICIPATED CPE CREDITS: 11.5 CPEs
RECOMMENDED FIELD(S) OF STUDY: Taxes; Accounting
ADVANCE PREPARATION: NONE
INSTRUCTIONAL DELIVERY METHOD: Group Live
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: UPON COMPLETING THE COURSE, PARTICIPANTS WILL:
- Stay up-to-date on the latest developments regarding IRS and SEC proposed regulations, to remain compliant with current tax laws and to optimize financial outcomes for investment funds and their managers.
- Analyze the latest State Income Tax Apportionment Rules, with a focus on New York and New Jersey’s new regulations, to improve proficiency in navigating evolving tax compliance requirements.
- Explore considerations when opening an offshore investment fund in the Cayman Islands to maximize the benefits and minimize potential risks associated with offshore investment funds.
- Investigate recent developments related to federal self-employment tax obligations for limited partners, for a comprehensive understanding and compliance within private investment structures.
- Keep up-to-date and proficient in interpreting the continuously evolving IRS guidelines related to cryptocurrency, enabling accurate tax reporting for private investment clients.
- Take proactive steps to implement measures aligned with the SEC’s new rules, so that accounting professionals can adapt audit processes and procedures accordingly.
- Interpret and understand intricate reporting regulations applicable to private investment entities, for accurate compliance with evolving tax laws.
- Assess the unique financial, regulatory, and operational challenges faced by family offices, enabling CPAs to identify potential areas of improvement and risk mitigation for their clients.
- Gauge the evolving landscape of cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities that impact accounting professionals, to identify potential risks to sensitive financial data.
For more information, visit our website